The Scotts Valley Fire Protection District continually accepts applications for Paid Call Firefighter. The Paid Call Firefighter supplements the Fire Department’s regular career Firefighters on emergency incidents and in community service activities. Paid Call Firefighters must meet specific entrance requirements and participate in a selection/testing process. Open recruitment occurs annually in July followed with interviews in the early fall for qualified candidates. If you are interested in becoming a Paid Call Firefighter submit you information in the interest form below or stop by our headquarters. Application packets will be sent out during the recruitment process.
- Citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for citizenship.
- Minimum age of 18.
- High school graduate or it’s tested equivalent.
- Must reside within a 15 minute “travel distance” to headquarters fire station.
- Must posses and maintain a valid Class C California Drivers License.
- Must be “Insurable” to drive and operate District vehicles as defined and determined by the District insurance carrier.
- Must pass a medical physical examination as outlined under the guidelines of the Santa Cruz County Fire Agencies Insurance Group to include 20/40 vision (uncorrected).
- Good physical condition and agility.
- Must pass a Background Investigation as determined by the Scotts Valley Fire District.
- Must possess a valid “Advanced First Aid” card or equivalent.
At the time of application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Advanced First Aid Card
- CPAT Card from the California Firefighters Joint Apprentice Committee www.cffjac.org and must be issued within the last year
- DMV Drivers License Report printed within the last 30 days (H6 ten year printout)
- High School Diploma or GED